Thursday, October 11, 2012

blue and gold nails



I recently saw a photo on pinterest of a manicure that I was really excited to try. To get the look I wanted I switched up the colors and the placement of the point. I really love how they came out!

First paint a thin coat of your base color - I chose a shimmery gold. Once your nails are dry cut ten small squares of painter's tape. I used a cutting mat and razor blade to make 1/2 inch squares. Working one nail at a time apply the tape, making sure to keep the corner of the square in the center of your nail. Paint your second color (I picked navy blue) then quickly remove the tape.


It's important to work one nail at a time because you want to be able to take the tape off right after you apply the polish. If you wait to remove the tape the lines you're trying to create wont be crisp and clean.

Once you've finished with all your nails apply a clear top coat and that's it!


I love how my nails look and I can't wait to try different color combinations!

5 comments:

  1. Not only do I love this... I just noticed something else I fell in love with your blog: Every new post you change your main banner image/logotype. You are too much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I wanna try this exact combo tonight so I can look cool for tomorrow scrapbook expo :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how this involves painters tape, not expensive beauty products. Magical =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice nails! I just scored a bunch of new Sally Hansen colors for super discount ($1.98!!!), so I think I'll have to try out a manicure a la Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that turned out really good. I like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete